The Detroit Firemen’s Fund Association was organized as a non-profit organization on March 16, 1866. The fund was formed to assist the widows and orphans of firefighters and to assist firefighters that have become disabled. The Fund also maintains burial plots at Elmwood and Mt. Elliott cemetaries to honor our fallen comrades.
The Fund is administered by nine elected trustees. It is the duty of the trustees to care for the association in accordance with the by-laws – which regulates all financial transactions.